Bioinformatics and genomics software
The clinical flow tracking sheet tracks clinic progress in real time. Designed for use in the ECHO free clinic. Created using & . Website:
Data-containing software packages
knudson is an data package that contains a machine-readable form of Table 1 from Alfred Knudson’s classic paper describing the two-hit cancer hypothesis (Knudson, 1971). A vignette recreates Figure 1 from the data in Table 1. Code: Talk @ SatRday Neuchâtel (03/2020):
pecase is an data package containing a list of all winners of the presidential early career award for scientists and engineers from 1996 through 2017. Code:
hotdog is an R package containing data from Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating contest from 2002-2019.
- Medical care in pregnancy - A timeline displaying the diseases, interventions, immunizations, and required screenings (y-axis) across the various weeks of pregnancy (x axis). Made with + . Code:
- Parasite lifecycle in humans - Where do parasites travel in the human body? Beginning with the mode of transmission (“0”), shows the order of infection (“1”, “2”, etc.) within organs with commonly-tested parasites on USMLE. Made using + +
- Metabolic networks in microbial communities - Inspired by this talk (@ 2:56) )
- Motor spinal cord tract - A schematic of the descending (i.e. motor) spinal cord tract. Tip: Remember ‘motwor’ for the two-neuron motor system.
- Sensory spinal cord tracts - A schematic of the two major ascending (i.e. sensory) spinal cord tracts. The dorsal column-medial lemniscal (DCML) pathway carries fine touch, vibration, and proprioception. The spinothalamic (ST) track can be subdivided (not shown) into anterior (crude touch/pressure) and lateral (pain/temp) ST tracks. Tip: Remember ‘sensothree’ for the three-neuron sensory system.
- Mood and psychotic disorders - visualization comparing and contrasting mood (e.g. major depressive disorder + bipolar I) and psychotic (e.g. schizophrenia) disorders.
- Somatic symptoms and related disorders - A heatmap comparing the somatic symptoms and related disorders in psychiatry
- Ego defense mechanisms - Contrasting 4 commonly-tested pairs of ego defense mechanisms in psychiatry.
- Hemoglobinopathies - diagram demonstrating the relationship of hemoglobinopathies to the hemoglobin molecule (heme + globin). Made using .
- Dietary sugars - diagram demonstrating the different types of dietary sugars, and how they are each composed of 3 sugar building blocks (Fructose, Glucose, and Galactose).
- Extrapyramidal Side Effects (EPS) of Antipsychotics - diagram demonstrating the different extrapyramidal side effects and treatments associated with taking antipsychotic medications. Mnemonics included.
Open source contributions
- Awesome reproducible research list on github